So head Master Al Baigent thought it was about time to bring back a great tradition. On November 13th, 9 of the club's masters runners and their support staff (family members) headed down to Niagara Falls once again. After a night at the falls, a team dinner at Boston Pizza where we planned our race domination, and a trip to the Hershey store to get some extra carbo-loading, the team tucked into bed with thoughts of tomorrows 5km race.
The race was Lindsays Legacy 5k in Tonawanda. (www.lindsays5k.com for info and results). It was hosted at a 19th century bicycle club in the heart of town, and wound it's ways along the bicycle path by the river. We were excited from the start at how full our race kit was with useful and varied items. Everyone received an umbrella, and model motorcycles among other things. And the post race spread of food was top notch, complete with pizza, pasta, salad, cookies and cake. Our 9 runners did very well. 6 placed in the top three of their age categories and came home with some medals to declare at the border.
10. Dave Corlett 17:42 2nd/M45-49
18. Jimmy Semes 18:36 2nd/M35-39
22. Glenn Duncan 19:09 2nd/M40-44
40. Tanya Sakharov 20:25 1st/F35-39 6th/F
79. Joanna Kotsopoulos 22:53 2nd/F45-49 15th/F
114. Maria Weber 24:43 3rd/F50-54 27th/F
141. Maki Watterson 25:57 6th/F50-54 42nd/F
232. John A Baigent 29:40 18th/M55-59
235. Christine Baigent 29:51 7th/F55-59 93rd/F